Osvaldo Chara, H. Ariel Alvarez and Emanuel Cura Costa co-organized the 1st Latin American Workshop and Conference on Systems Biology which took place at Mexico City.
Osvaldo gave a lecture at the workshop on “Reaction-Diffusion, Cell-based and Multi-Scale models” and a talk at the conference on “Mechanisms of tissue regeneration in the axolotl”. Ariel gave a Flash talk at the conference on “Recruitment shapes the spatio-temporal distribution of the Vestigial domain in Drosophila wing disc”.
Osvaldo, Ariel and Emanuel organized the hands-on about “Numerical Integration of Differential Equations” and “Multiscale Modelling”. The list of speakers was:
- Arthur Lander (UC-Irvine, USA),
- Mary Teruel (Stanford, USA),
- Juan Manuel Pedraza (U. de los Andes, Colombia),
- Salomón Bartnicki (CICESE, Mexico),
- Moisés Santillán (Cinvestav, Mexico),
- Rodrigo Gutierrez (U. Católica de Chile, Chile),
- Matheus Viana (IBM, Brazil),
- Alexander de Luna (Langebio-Cinvestav, Mexico),
- Osvaldo Chara (SysBio-IFLYSIB, Argentina),
- Elisa Dominguez (C3-UNAM, Mexico),
- Julio Freyre (CCG-UNAM, Mexico),
- Ayari Fuentes (CCG-UNAM, Mexico).
Osvaldo Chara co-organized with Lutz Brusch and Andreas Deutsch (from the Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH), Technische Universität Dresden, Germany) a symposium of Mathematical modelling of regeneration, in the 9th European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology (ECMTB), Gothenburg, Sweden, from 15 to 19 of June, 2014.